Tuesday, August 9, 2011

If you like Pina Colada, and getting caught in the rain

I DO like Pina Colada! But what does that have to do with anything? Read through at least Tuesday to find out. ;)


How much WOW can you fit in one room? 
Monday, August 1, 2011

Today was the first FULL day of workshop, and I do mean FULL.

This was also the day I spent crying. I mean full-on runny nose, blotchy faced crying. But that's another story for another day. (And another blog.)

This picture was taken later in the evening at a open/unscripted panel discussion with any of the presenters who felt so inclined to show up. And yes, by then I had, thankfully, stopped crying.

Photo

From left to right we have Bob Davis, Jerry Ghionis, Tamara Lackey, Bambi Cantrell, Jules and Joy Bianchi, Bobbi Lane, Roberto Valenzuela, Matthew Jordan Smith

Amazing photographers who were SOOO generous with their time and knowledge. I was blown away at how much they really seemed to want to help each of us be successful!



Feeding my mind AND my stomach
Tuesday, August 2, 2011


Today was full of hands-on demonstrations, like this one.

Photo

It was a LONG day and afterwards I set out with fellow attendee Matt Vanecek to find something for dinner.We had almost resigned ourselves to McDonald's when we decided to take the tram next door to Treasure Island for one last punt.

At the bottom of the escalator was a bikini clad woman handing out full color fliers of some sort. If you have ever been to Las Vegas you know you should usually avoid scantily clad women handing out anything...but she said the magic words: Free Food.

We took her coupon and discovered it was for a free entree at one of the restaurants, Kahunaville.  Buy one entree, get one free.

I ordered the Pina Colada Chicken, which turned out to be the single tastiest meal I had my entire trip. And pretty to boot!

Photo

Welcome Home!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011


My time in Vegas at a close, it was finally time to return home. This is the happy sight that greeted me at the airport!

Photo

If the shoe fits
Thursday, August 4, 2011


When we drove past the house today there was one shoe on the back of this truck. Just one, single, lonely shoe. And it amused me. What can I say? I'm easily amused.




Weekend Plans
Friday, August 5, 2011

The kids LOVE the iPod touch. They are junkies and would play games on it all day long if I would let them. (Their current obsession is Plants vs. Zombies.)

The only problem is there is one iPod and 3 kids. So after school typically looks a little like this.



Photo

Happy Hour Tragedy
Saturday, August 6, 2011


If you know me well you already know that I am just a tad bit obsessed with Sonic Happy Hour.

Today my addiction bit me in the but, literally.

Harrison had fallen asleep in the back seat so I was trying to juggle my drink and his. (Our Audi has no cup holders. Apparently Germans don't drink and drive.)

Which means that before we made it home I was wearing 20 oz. of ice cold Cherry Sprite.

Happy hour tragedy

Together again
Sunday, August 7, 2011


Sundays are usually the days I attempt to sleep in, just a little. Unfortunately my kids still wake at 6:30, on the dot. And if I am not up fixing breakfast they feel it is their duty to personally come find me and snuggle me until I get up. Which means by 7:00 am on Sundays my bed usually looks like this.

Photo

I think we need to buy a King Size mattress, or start locking the door!!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

How did I miss that you have yet another blog?! Looks great. Seeing you snuggled up with your little ones is so precious! I love seeing your photos. Keep up with your art!

HeidiPie said...

Lovely, I think all your pictures are gorgeous. What's with that odd shoe? Anyways, your food does look delish, I wish I was eating it with you.

orangemily said...

Looks like a busy fun week! Love the pictures!