Friday, August 5, 2011

A week of firsts

First day of school, first time traveling by myself, first time my baby turned 4.....it was a big week!




Back to School
Monday, July 25, 2011
Day 57


Today was the first day of school-but not just any old first day of school. It was first day so school in Arizona. For Adam it was the first day back to public school after doing home school. First day of school EVER for my little kindergartner.

First day of School



Remind me again why we moved to Arizona in the middle of summer
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Day 58


Sometime during the night the AC quit working. We called the property manager at first light and he told us the soonest his AC guy could arrive was 5:00 pm. That was 11 hours away!!!! Before he arrived the temperatures in the house rose to over 90 degrees. This did not make for happy kids or happy parents.

HOT

Around 5:00 a different AC guy called (long story) and diagnosed the problem over the phone, but couldn't get parts until morning. Trust me when I say it was a LONG night!

Breakfast at McDonalds
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Day 59


I waited and watched the clock all night until 5:00 am-the time McDonald's dinning area opens. And then we got dressed and headed to breakfast because McDonald's is close and they have air conditioning!!!!

Photo

Photo


Thankfully the HVAC guy came as I was taking the kids to school and had everything fixed and working by around 9:30 am. Thank goodness!!!!!


And Then He was 4
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Day 60


We celebrated his birthday last Friday, making today relatively quiet, but today is my baby's birthday. He is now officially 4 years old.

And then he was 4


The Last Supper
Friday, July 29 2011
Day 61


I am leaving very early tomorrow morning to go to Las Vegas for Skip's Summer School . I will be gone 5 days, the longest I have ever been away from my kids. So we spent the night in style with dinner at Chino Bandido.

Photo

It's a Circle of Life Thing
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Day 62


While in Vegas I splurged and bought tickets to see The Lion King. I felt so guilty for spending so much money when we were stretching financially just to get me to Vegas for the workshop in the first place-but I SO BADLY wanted to see it. And I was NOT disappointed!

Circle of life

Here is the stage before the show began. (Before the two big, tall guys sat down directly in front of me.)

Photo

It is crazy how much I love live theater. As the opening strains of Circle of Life were being sung I started to cry. I was so excited and so moved and it was stupid and embarrassing but I cried!

And then, because we are completely insane, we got reduced price tickets to Mystere at 9:30. (Reduced because they were for same day.) The show was, of course, amazing. But having gotten up at 4:00 to make my early flight meant I was really too tired to truly enjoy it. Note to self. Two shows in one day is just TOOO much!
Mystere

Despite being completely wiped out by the time we got back to our room at the Stratosphere we took a trip up to the top. We got a free ride because we were hotel guests, and we were only staying one night, and it really is a much better view at night-so we dragged our tired selves to the top. Took a quick picture. Then we went to bed!

Photo

You had to be there
Sunday, July 31,
Day 63

Photo

My water glass at the Paris Buffet. This picture was taken for the benefit of a select few, who know who they are. Enough said.

2 comments:

ME Moon said...

we saw mystere and o in one day--but we weren't going to workshops etc too. we were just having a long weekend in las vegas. cirque du soleil is crazy amazing.

orangemily said...

Busy week!