Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Didn't need it anyway

Goodbye Gallbladder!
Monday, February 27, 2012
Day 274


Today I had my very first surgery! Trust me, it's not something to be celebrated. It wasn't fun and I wouldn't recommend it but all things considered I can't complain.


They took out my gallbladder and all I got in return was this lovely bracelet.






Seriously though I'm grateful at how smoothly things went. I didn't even have symptoms so it's actually kind of random that the problem was even discovered. And once it was discovered I hesitated at the idea because hey, if I don't feel sick why take it out now? But because of the way the polyp was situated it wasn't going to be too much longer before I developed pancreatitis and became quite sick. 


Surgery is never fun but this one is routine and so I checked in at 10:00 am and was home in my own bed by noon. Like I said, can't really complain. (Although I'm glad it's behind me now!)




Get Well Soon


Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Day 275


Zoey's teacher was so sweet-when she heard that I was having surgery she had all the kids make me a get well cards.


Untitled


If 27 cards from kindergarten students doesn't put a smile on your face, I don't know what will! I love that at that age they are so full of love such that nearly every card says "I Love you, Mrs. Miller." Usually followed by "When can I come to your house?" 


Someday My Plants Will Grow


Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Day 276


Sing that subtitle to the tune of "Someday my Prince Will Come."


Did you sing it? We can't go on until you sing it. LOUDLY.


Ok-moving on. 


I have mostly slept the last two days but I am starting to get around a bit today. The key word being a BIT. So I decided I probably should take a look at home my plants are doing since I'm sure nobody else has been taking care of them.


But first you have to watch this. Because this is EXACTLY how I feel when it comes to caring for plants.






Seriously, I love having plants in my home and yard but I kill them. I try SO HARD, I even use Miracle Grow...but I still kill them. 


So I was talking to the flower gal at Fry's the other day and she said that the number one killer of house plants in over watering, and that in the store they water them by just throwing some ice cubes on top and as they melt it gives the plants just enough water.








Here's the trying ANYTHING to keep my plants alive!


Happy Hour


Thursday, March 1, 2012
Day 277


After a few days straight in the house I was feeling a bit stir crazy and needed to get out. So we made a Sonic run this afternoon. Yea!




However, I did not get my usual. Today I went with a strawberry limeade. Yes, I have been off caffeine for 4 whole days. It's not a lot, but it's a start, right? A journey of 1,000 miles starts with one step.




Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!


Friday, March 2, 2012
Day 278


While the older kids were at school today I read some books to Harrison in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. We were reading Would You Rather be a Bullfrog which was actually written by Theo. LeSieg, the pseudomyn used by Theodor Geisel, AKA Dr. Seuss, when a book was illustrated by somebody else. Raise your hand if you already knew that!

Okay, anyway, we were reading and on this page....




Image

Harrison said, "It wouldn't be fun to have a hundred sixty-four feet because it would take all day to tie your shoes."

Also of note today, I'm starting to feel like eating again so we finally made it to Joe's Farm Grill.




We tried to eat there on my birthday but all 3 times we drove past the line was clear out the door and down the sidewalk.



We weren't in any hurry today so we went early and waited in line. And it was worth it!


In the outdoor dining areas these signs are post all over.






I know they are referring to the two items as separate events, i.e. you could fall out of the tree OR you could encounter a scorpion. But just the same I dreamed of scorpions falling on my head all night. 


Family Fun Run
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Day 279


For the final fund raiser of the year the PTO sponsored a Family 5K Fun Run. Here the kids are ready to run!


Untitled


I love this as a fund raiser because it promotes an active lifestyle and overall fitness AND because 100% of the money goes directly to the school. Personally I hate buying cookie dough or candy bars. But maybe that's just me.

Mike and Adam actually ran some of the way and finished in about 40 minutes. The younger two had slower legs, which was fine with me since I did just have surgery on Monday! We finished in just over an hour.

Finished!




Lazy Sunday


Sunday, March 4, 2012
Day 280


Took a walk and sat by the lake today. I figured you all were tired of my standard picture of the lake and the fountains so I looked around for something else interesting to snap a photo of.


Untitled


2 comments:

HeidiPie said...

fun. i'm glad you were able to get up and around.

HeidiPie said...

I'll have to try the ice one...if it ever warms up that much here. And have I ever mentioned that I think it's so weird that you have three blonde kids? It's weird. But they're so cute.