Thursday, April 12, 2012

Movin' Right Along

Dessert
Monday, March 5, 2012
Day 281

Sometimes I want something sweet after dinner, but we have absolutely no junk food in the house. That's when I have to get creative.

Tonight I had a terrible sweet tooth so I ended up with a bowl of cheerios that I sprinkled with coconut and then topped with chocolate milk. (Yes, I had Nestle quick in the house so I guess I can't say I had NO junk food. Just very little.)

Untitled

Gettin' My House in Order
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Day 282

Health and Finances-the two areas of my life that are the biggest mess right now. So I ordered a couple items to help me start to get a handle on things and both arrived today!

Untitled

Guess it's time to get to work!

Mismatched?
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Day 283

Today was my first day back volunteering at the school since my surgery. I've been teaching the Junior Achievement lessons and I have 2 more in each class to finish. I put on my favorite black pants but then wasn't sure if my new shoes matched.  (My new shoes that were on Clearance for $5 and so I just HAD to have them!)

Untitled

My mom taught me you can't wear conflicting patterns together but what do you think? Can I pull off plaid shoes with striped pants?

Student Conferences
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Day 284

Tonight we had student-led conferences at the school. I thought it was going to be 5-10 minutes in each kid's classroom. Boy was I wrong. We were at the school for over an hour!!!! They had SO MANY things to show us!

Untitled

Of course I remembered to take a picture in Zoey's classroom and then completely forgot to take on in Adam's classroom. So I made him hold his land forms model for me once we got home.

Untitled

Window Shopping
Friday, March 9, 2012
Day 285

After so many days of just being in bed (or on the couch) after surgery I have been feeling a bit stir crazy and boxed in so Harrison and I went window shopping today.

Loved these bright spring colors at Pier 1!

Untitled

Also loved this furniture made from reclaimed wood. Thinking I want this as my next bedroom set.

Untitled

Always an Adventure
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Day 286

Took a drive to Ikea today looking for one thing and ended up buying more plants instead. Yes I have a total plant obsession right now. If only I could just keep them alive!!!!

Anyway, after Ikea we stopped at Costco to pick up a patio furniture setting we've had our eye on. After weeks of thinking it over we finally decided we did in fact want them.

Of course it didn't fit in our car. At least not in the box. But we would not be deterred. First I took all the stuff from Ikea out of the car.

Untitled

Then we unboxed the chairs and were able to make them fit that way.

Untitled

Like I said, always an adventure.

Cleaning Day
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Day 287

This morning I decided it was past time to clean the humidifiers again. This is a chore I usually do on Sunday because the only way to truly (and easily) clean the hard water build up and slimy scale is to soak them in white vinegar. And I HATE the smell of white vinegar. So I get them all soaking just before we leave for church. That way they can soak for 3 full hours and I don't have to be in the house smelling them.

Untitled

3 comments:

ME Moon said...

wow, 4 humidifiers? i wouldn't want to clean that many either! (we have one and a whole house humidifier that supposedly has reusable filters that i keep ruining...)
and yes, wear those shoes with those pants. the plaid is so little, who cares?

orangemily said...

I love the shoes and pants together!

HeidiPie said...

Not mixing plaids with stripes and patterns is old school. ;) totally okay these days, as long as you follow a few small rules. Change pattern sizes and big with small...etc.