Monday, September 12, 2011

Home Alone

For the first time since we arrived in Arizona Mike had to travel for work. He was gone all week and although we survived it was a long week. We are still new enough in this house that I don't quite know all it's creaks and quirks so with Mike gone every little noise at night freaked me out. Plus I don't really know any of our neighbors yet so I worried (more then was necessary) about what would happen if I did need help.

Turns out it was a lot of worry for nothing (it usually is) and we all got along just fine.


What's for Dinner?
Monday, August 29, 2011

I hate cooking. I mean HATE cooking. Seriously. I have no passion or talent for it. Which means I procrastinate meal planning. Which means I NEVER know what we are going to have for dinner. Ever.

Tonight I had a bunch of random ingredients: canned crescent rolls, some cooked chicken, broccoli, shredded cheese. So I rolled out a crescent rolls, put a little of everything else on top, then slapped another rolled out roll on top and pinched the sides together, sprinkled a little parmesan cheese on top for good measure and voila!

Dinner

I thought for sure my kids would think they were great because all the ingredients are things they typically eat. But of course everybody found something to complain about. Hence the reason I hate dinner time!

Picture Day!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today was picture day. I don't actually buy the individual picture packages (I do purchase the class picture) but the kids still got all dolled up just the same.

picture day

picture day

Don't try this at home
Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We stopped by the house today after school to check on the progress. It never ceases to amaze me how fast these guys work. Mudding and taping of the entire house completely done in one day. The kids were especially impressed by the guys on stilts.

Image

As you can see, it was a very hot day.

Happy Anyday
Thursday, September 1, 2011

Harrison's birthday was 35 days ago. I guess we just like to keep the party going at our house.

happy birthday?

Happy Friday?
Friday, September 2, 2011

When I put this shirt on this morning I was optimistic. Turns out it was anything BUT a Happy Friday.

happy Friday?

The short list includes:
 AC quit working, again
 Mike had to catch a later flight (LONG frustrating story) so wasn't going to get home until very late
 Both my boys began what turned into over a week of diarrhea

What a way to begin the holiday weekend!

Trains! Trains! Trains!
Saturday September 3, 2011

We decided we needed to do something super fun to make up for how craptastic Friday was. I had originally planned on just heading to the community pool but with 2 boys with mild diarrhea the day before we figured we should be good parents and keep them out of the pool.

But the boys weren't feeling sick at all. So we headed to Scottsdale to the McCormick-Stillman Train Park. It was HOT but that just meant that nobody was there. The kids all had a FANTASTIC time.

Trains Trains Trains

We did have one little bathroom accident but luckily I had brought along clean shorts, just in case.

Mother in Training
Sunday, September 4, 2011

Zoey LOVES to bake. Which she so doesn't get from me. (See Monday.....) But it was kind of a lazy Sunday afternoon (due to continued diarrhea we stayed home from church) so I let her mix up some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

I'm hoping that when she is just a little bit older she can just take over all the cooking permanently at our house.

cookies

3 comments:

orangemily said...

Home alone for a week with 3 kids is never fun.

ME Moon said...

but baking means SUGAR!!! so you should love to bake! ;) (which i don't even if it DOES mean sugar because it takes effort and i'm lazy)

Andria said...

Ooh, she could be, like, your personal pastry chef! Tell her to hurry and grow up so she can put things in the oven and use the stove.