Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birthdays and doughnuts and ice-Oh My!

Oh grandma
Monday, January 16, 2012
Day 232

So is it just me or do grandmas love to give the gifts that moms hate? (To all the grandmas reading this, I mean that in good humor.)

My grandma gave the kids quacking duck whistles for Christmas. She gets the satisfaction of giving the kids something that they REALLY like but is nearly 1000 miles away, and thus misses out on the loud, constant quacking.

Mike's mom gave them these melty beads for Christmas. A gift that results in lots of tiny little bits of plastic in my carpet. As well as burned fingers for me as I tried to iron them.



Tiny fingers trying to work with tiny plastic melty beads.






YES! Please!!!!!
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Day 233

Somebody PLEASE give me some ideas as to what to do with these because I LOVE them!!!!! I mean REALLY LOVE them.






Wind chimes? Bird feeders? What do you think?

Someday
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Day 234

Tomorrow is Zoey's birthday, so of course I spent tonight wrapping. Someday I won't be doing everything the night before.




The Big 0-6!
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Day 235

The birthday girl!





And the bed canopy I made. Yes, me. I made it! Be impressed! Because I am not crafty.





Doughnuts with Dads
Friday, January 20, 2012
Day 236

This morning was the PTO Doughnuts with Dads. And the cars were lined up clear up and down the street.

This is the view from my laundry room window.



Here is the view standing in my driveway. You can see the cars were even up around the corner, too.



I'm just sayn' that's a lot of doughnuts.

Disney on Ice
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Day 237


We don't do birthday parties at our house. Instead we do a big family activity. So for Zoey's birthday we went to Disney on Ice. It was Toy Story 3 and despite the pained look on Harrison's face they all did have a great time!




And yes, we were the only people sitting in our section. It was a Saturday matinee. Once the show started we actually moved up several rows. Free seat upgrade!





Washer won't go
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Day 238

My washing machine started having problems yesterday, so Mike set to work today tearing it apart to see what the problem was.



Thankfully in the end it was only a $35 part. But it did take 4 days to ship. So I was without my washer for a little over a week.

2 comments:

HeidiPie said...

Ahhh, those little buggars...i mean tiny plastic beads. The kids LOVE those. And then they get ALL over. My kids can never keep them up off the floor.
Love the bottles. They could be lined up across your table and flowers added. They could be hung from a tree, they could be a money jar. Are they plastic or glass? Wouldn't want them breaking in the wind. Put them in a group of 3 or 5 on a table.
happy birthday Zoey! (last month) super cute curly hair. And that canopy you made is adorable. I bet she LOVES it.
Disney on ICE!!! I would love to take the family to that. I only went that one time, probably with you. But I'm pretty sure we'd all love it.
Sorry about your washer, and glad you had a Mike around to fix it. (hm...that kinda made it sound like he's a dr. seuss character.) =)

orangemily said...

Beautiful Birthday Girl! Looks fun!