Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Life is a Highway

Sick Day
Monday, November 14, 2011

Thus far Zoey has had perfect attendance in kindergarten. Today all that changed. Still congested and lethargic and sniffily I opted to keep her home from school today. This is how she spent most of the day.

sick day


SMASH
Tuesday, November 15, 2011

As Harrison and I walked home from dropping the kids off at school this morning this large beetle crossed our path. I pointed it out to Harrison thinking we would have this great moment of observing nature together and talking about insects and how they have 6 legs, etc. etc.

So he leans down to look at it and I'm feeling like a great mom when all of a sudden he swiftly lifts his foot and stomps on it with all the 4 year old might he can muster.

Image

As I stand there a little shocked he looks up at me and says "It was crawling towards the road and I didn't want it to get run over by a car."

Sweet Serendipity Strikes Again!
Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A few weeks before we were to move into our new house I found some quilts online that I thought would be perfect for the boys' rooms. They were lightweight and matched all the curtains I bought on clearance at Target and they were on clearance for $12.

But I kept forgetting to order them and when I finally remembered I could no longer find them online. I looked in store for them a couple of times but never saw any so I figured they had clearanced them all out to make room for new merchandise and I was just out of luck. I was super bummed out because they really were perfect, but I got over it. (Mostly)

So imagine my surprise and delight today when I was shopping for something else entirely and I cut down the bedding aisle just to get to the other side of the store and there on the bottom shelf was not 1 but 2 of my longed for quilts.

And the best part? They were now marked down to $7!!!!

And they look fantastic in the boys' rooms!

Image


Image

Pretty in Pink
Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yesterday I got the boys' rooms looking good so today I spent some time in Zoey's room. I hadn't put her new bedspread on yet (despite having bought it several weeks before we even moved) and I also wanted to move her bed and dresser to different walls. She was super happy with the finished product when she came home from school today!

Image

My cousin had sent me this link awhile ago and I LOVED the idea, but didn't know when I would have time to take on that kind of project right now. But I still wanted to dress up Zoey's dresser a little, make it a little more girly. So I found these vinyl stickers at Dollar Tree a few weeks ago and I thought why not? If we hate how they look we can peel them right back off.

Dresser


Bribery
Friday, November 18, 2011

Today was the PTO Fall Festival.  Sometimes the very thought of attending large crowded gatherings gives me a minor anxiety attack. Seriously. And for whatever reason today I just COULD NOT bring myself to going to a loud, crowded event. I just did not have it in me.

But of course they've been really talking it up at school and the kids were all excited about going. So I had to come up with something REALLY great to do instead. But I was out of good ideas.

So I offered to get pizza, doughnuts, and a movie for tonight, and to come up with a great idea for the next day.


Image

Family Fall Festival
Saturday, November 19, 2011

So time was up, I had talked the kids into giving me a few extra hours to come up with something fun to do in lieu of the Fall Festival at school. So we had our own little Family Festival at home today.

I dug our jumper house out of the garage. (I found this on clearance one year at Walmart. It was an amazing find at 90%, seriously! It's nowhere as big as the ones they had rented for the event at the school, but my kids didn't seem to mind. And I didn't have to buy them a wrist band just to jump for 5 minutes!)

Then we did the doughnut on the string game.

Image

And since one of the main selling points of the school's festival was that a few select teachers were going to get to throw pies in the Principal's face I talked Mike into letting the kids throw pies in his face. (Yes, he was a SUPER good sport!!!!)

Image

Image

Image



Bobsy Twins
Sunday, November 20, 2011

Today, in anticipation of Thanksgiving, I got dressed in some nice fall colors: orange and brown.

I walked out of the closet only to find that Mike had had the same idea. He, too, was dressed in orange and brown.

He offered to change so we wouldn't walk into church looking like twiners but I told him that wouldn't be necessary.

Don't we look good together?!?!?!

Photo

4 comments:

ME Moon said...

you DO look good together :)
and mike is SUCH a good sport to let the kids throw pie at him. was it his favorite kind so he could at least enjoy licking his lips afterwards?

Allison said...

I love reading your blog, I always get a good laugh! The beetle story cracks me up! And wow, what a nice Dad!

HeidiPie said...

You guys look sweet together! Love the dresser, and the beetle story. That's classic kid for you. I hope Zoey is feeling better and Kudos to Mike for pie in the face...at least two missed. I'm surprised they didn't go over and pick it up and put it in his face.

orangemily said...

You guys look dang good!
Fun family festival!
Great deal on the quilts!