Monday, June 11, 2012

Just Add Water

Just Add Water!
Monday, May 21, 2012
Day 358

Found snorkels at the store today and kids were TOO excited to wait until we went swimming to use them. So there was a lot of out of water snorkeling at our house today.

IMG_6077


Because Apples are Overrated
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Day 359

I would like to know who first decided that we should all gives apples to the teacher. As the end of the school year approaches our kindergarten class decided we wanted to something more then a mere apple to show our teacher how much we appreciate all her hard work. So we pooled some money and I ordered a bright, colorful rug to use in her classroom.

It arrived today!!!!! I cannot wait to give it to her!

IMG_6076

A Change Will Do You Good
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Day 360

Today I decided to roll up black rug that was by my front door and bring in the red rug that has been sitting in the garage. I thought it might bring a little more color to my entry way.

IMG_6088

IMG_6090

I think I like it.

Arizona History Tour
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Day 361

Did I mention that Grandma and Grandpa arrived in town this week? The kids are ECSTATIC!

So we played hooky from school today and took Grandma and Grandpa to the Arizona Capitol Museum.

IMG_6091

IMG_6107

Target
Friday, May 25, 2012
Day 362

We spent our Friday evening at Target. Because we are exciting like that.

IMG_6117

It's a Match
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Day 363


Headed out the the McCormick-Stillman Train Park with Grandma and Grandpa today, because it is my kids' all time favorite place to go.

Zoey and I, were near twinners in our grey and yellow dresses from Target.


IMG_6131

And just because I love them so much I also need to show you my matching yellow shoes.


IMG_0326

AND I adore this picture from Downtown Scottsdale.


IMG_0306

Oh my, those are good looking kids!!!

Florence is.....well Florence 
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Day 364

Florence is a kooky little town that is kind of fun to take visitors to. They have an interesting historic district with, according to their website, 140 buildings listed on the National Historic Registry.

Florence is also home of the Arizona State Prison. Like I said, kooky little town.

Before Arizona was a state Florence was also the location of the territorial prison, so the prison has been there for a LONG time. And part of what makes the town so kooky is that they have completely embraced and are proud of their prison history. So you can imagine what a trip to the Historical Museum must be like.

IMG_0349

Here is a blurb from the museum website:

"The museum also houses the archives for the Arizona State Prison in Florence. Of particular interest are the 28 actual nooses used for hangings at the prison. The double execution chair, used for the first gas chamber execution in Arizona, is also on display."

Not everything in the town is that morbid though. And being a small town they have to make good use of small spaces. Hence this little shop downtown.

IMG_0369

1 comment:

HeidiPie said...

So, did the kids love the snorkling stuff. Or was it just a few times they like it and then they are through. I've thought about getting some.
Nice color in your entry. Come do my entry. =)
Cute matching clothes too!