Friday, June 1, 2012

Week of Pink

Lil' Taste of Texas
Monday, April 30, 2012
Day 337

While Ryan was here we made a quick grocery run and he got VERY excited when we passed this in the freezer section.

IMG_5941

Apparently this ice cream is from Texas, where my older brother, Richard, served his mission, and it's SUPER GOOD and you can't get it in Utah. And apparently Richard still pines for this stuff all these years later.

I don't know how Ryan knew this and yet I'd never even heard of the stuff.....but he did.

So, I was told I HAD to buy some and that Richard would come visit me JUST for this ice cream. So today, I bought my first ever half gallon of Blue Bell Ice Cream.

Pink
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Day 338


Walking home from taking the kids to school this morning and I noticed my tree was in bloom! Didn't even know I had a tree that would bloom, but there it was! Pink flowers, out of nowhere.


IMG_5942

Domesticated
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Day 339


I broke down today and bought a sewing machine. I'm not really a seamstress. Like at all. But every once in awhile I need to sew something. I've had a hand-me-down sewing machine that I've used over the years and it's gotten me by. But today that old machine completely seized up on me, in the middle of a project. And I guess I could've found a repair shop and tried to get is fixed but it ticked me off that it quit mid-project with a looming deadline and I was too impatient to wait for it to get fixed.


IMG_5945

So now I have my very own sewing machine. AND I finished my project.

Celebration of Learning
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Day 340


Tonight was the Art Fair/Celebration of Learning at the school.

Here Zoey shows off one of her Art Masterpiece projects.


IMG_5947

And Here Adam stands next to his blue whale project.

IMG_5950

In order to demonstrate just how BIG a blue whale is he found the weight of a bunch of different things in comparison to a blue whale and then we did some math to scale those weights all down. We did a 1/6400 scale to be exact. (I helped with the math part, but the rest of the project he really did on his own!)

His blue whale is represented by the 50 lb bag of wheat. (I knew my food storage would come in handy some day!) And a human is a mere .05 oz in comparison. Even a T-Rex only weighs 2.5 lbs on our scale. Which really starts to give you an idea of JUST HOW HUGE the blue whale is!!!!

Mike made the comment that all those years of reading about Jonah being swallowed by a whale he wasn't really sure how that was even possible. But seeing just how big they are he now understands how one could easily swallow a man.

Pinkalicious
Friday, May 4, 2012
Day 341


Today was Zoey's field trip-dinner theater! Well, in this case lunch theater.

I had 5 little girls in my group and it was about as fun as it sounds to try and help all 5 of them through a buffet line. Luckily most of them just wanted pizza.

Then we were treated to the musical production of Pinkalicious.


IMG_5967

Boys and girls alike were tickled pink.

Just Because
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Day 342


Mike brought me breakfast in bed this morning. Just because.

IMG_5984


When did I become a nature photographer?
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Day 343


I feel like I've taken probably too many pictures of flowers and landscapes and such. But it's kind of an exciting time of year because the cacti are all starting to bloom, and they only bloom once a year. So it's like Christmas, you have to celebrate it when it comes because it won't be back again for a long time!

So today I saw this giant cluster of prickly pear and I had to snap a few pictures.

IMG_5987

IMG_5988

1 comment:

orangemily said...

Yes there will be a visit, but no just for the Blue Bell ice cream I've heard so much about!

Adam's Blue Whale project looks fantastic!