Friday, June 1, 2012

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Olive you glad you read my blog?
Monday, April 23, 2012
Day 330

Today we learned all about olives at the Queen Creek Olive Mill. Here is where Arizona'a only Extra Virgin Olive Oil is produced. The trees are currently in bloom.

IMG_5922

We took their Olive Oil 101 tour and learned everything you never knew you didn't know about olives and olive oil. And then we enjoyed lunch at their cafe.

IMG_5915

And then, sadly, we put Ryan on a plane and sent him back home.

Goodbye Ryan! Come again soon!!!


Love Notes
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Day 331


Now that Ryan is gone I went into the guest room today to change sheets and such and found a lovely little surprise!

IMG_5938


Reluctant Shopper
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Day 332

After a weekend of fun with Ryan it was time to face reality and once again go grocery shopping. (I hate grocery shopping!)

Harrison dislikes going with me almost as much I hate going. So here's my reluctant little shopping buddy.

IMG_5925

This is his "I'm only here because you're forcing me to be!" look.

I Think I Can....
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Day 333


Adam was reading The Little Engine that Could to the younger kids tonight and Harrison was getting frustrated with him because he kept forgetting to show the pictures. So Harrison came up with his own solution to the problem.

IMG_5933

Date Night
Friday, April 27, 2012
Day 334

Mike and I don't get much opportunity to go out just the two of us. Since he works from home (or at least did before he was laid off, who knows what his new job will bring) we do occasionally do lunch while the kids are at school but Harrison is still at home so we still have 1 little tag along.

But even if we can't get out alone together we try to at least get out of the house together each week. So tonight it was frozen yogurt night.

IMG_5928

Innovators
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Day 335


Mike and I spent the day in the garage today. We still have several boxes that haven't even been opened since we moved. And everything we just don't want to deal with gets shoved out in the garage. So it was way past time to start dealing with the stuff!

The kids came out but eventually started to get hot. So they invented this little awning to retreat under.

IMG_5934

They were so proud of their invention that here they are toasting each other to a job well done.

IMG_5935

Together
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Day 336


Sometimes I wonder why we went to the effort of giving the kids each their own bedroom because more often then not this is the scene I wake up to.

Untitled

2 comments:

Emilee said...

My parents live right by the olive mill, just west of schnepf farms. I have yet to go though...

orangemily said...

Cute, smart kids!